Total Deviation of Planned Budget of Projects
Total deviation of planned budget of projects is a key performance indicator that shows the cost variance expressed as
a difference between the total actual cost and total planned cost of all projects.
The main purpose of using this KPI is to define if you are within your budget
To calculate total deviation of planned budget of projects, please do the following:
- To enable the displaying of total deviation of planned budget of projects (Cost Variance) follow the steps described at:
Cost Variance Custom Field
- To enable the displaying of the total deviation of planned budget for task groups select the root task group and click "Custom fields options"
- In "Edit custom fields options" window select the following options:
- - select custom field name "Cost Variance"
- - select "Enable"
- - check "Aggregated (for task group)
- - select "Sum" and the custom field name "Cost Variance"
- - click "Ok" button