Variance custom field helps estimate if you are within your budget for a task
or project. Cost Variance shows the difference between the total actual Cost of
a task or project (Actual Cost + Remaining Cost) and Baseline Cost, i.e. total estimated
budgeted cost for a task or project.
Manager Professional automatically calculates Cost Variance by the following
Variance = Cost - Baseline Cost
custom field shows the value with negative format, you are under your budget.
custom field shows the value with positive format, you are over your budget.
custom filed Cost Variance please follow the steps below:
1. Create the following custom fields:
2. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins"
3. in "Title" field enter "Cost Variance"
4. in "Code" field enter "cf_cost_variance"
5. in "Type" field select "Currency"
6. in "Formula" field enter the following
formula and click "Ok" button:
7. to display the value of custom field Cost
Variance on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click
Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Cost Variance"