Remaining Work custom field shows scheduled remaining amount of time to complete task(s) assigned to resource. The Remaining Work depends on such units as:
for example, the task "Write Summary Report" is scheduled for 30 hours of work. The assigned resource has reported 20 hours of actual work so far. by viewing custom field Remaining Work you see that 10 hours are left to complete this task.
Once you enter the values for Work and Actual Work custom fields VIP Task Manager Professional automatically calculates Remaining Work by the following formula:
Remaining Work = Work - Actual Work
to create custom filed Remaining Work please follow the steps below:
1. Create the following custom fields:
2. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
3. in "Title" field enter "Remaining Work"
4. in "Code" field enter "cf_remaining_work"
5. in "Type" field select "Duration" and click "Ok" button
6. in "Formula" field enter the following formula:
$cf_work - $cf_actual_work
7. to display the value of custom field Remaining Work on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Remaining Work"