Remaining Cost custom field allows to track scheduled remaining expense to complete a task or project.
the Remaining Cost depends on such units as:
VIP Task Manager Professional automatically calculates Remaining Cost by the following formula:
Remaining Cost = (Remaining Work * Standard Rate) + Remaining Overtime Cost
for example, the task "Write report" is assigned to resource who has $30 USD of Standard Rate. The total amount of time (Work) is 15 hours. The resource has reported 10 hours of actual work.
If Remaining Overtime Cost is $30 USD Remaining Cost of this task is $180 USD
to create custom filed Remaining Cost please follow the steps below:
1. Create the following custom fields:
2. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
3. in "Title" field enter "Remaining Cost"
4. in "Code" field enter "cf_remaining_cost"
5. in "Type" field select "Currency"
6. in "Formula" field enter the following formula and click "Ok" button
ToFloat($cf_remaining_work)*24 * $cf_standard_rate + $cf_remaining_overtime_cost
7. to display the value of custom field Remaining Cost on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Remaining Cost"