Duration Variance custom field shows the difference between the originally planned duration of a task and the currently scheduled duration. VIP Task Manager Professional automatically calculates Duration Variance by the following formula:
Duration Variance = Duration - Baseline Duration
Duration Variance custom field helps estimate how much time the task or project will take to be completed comparing with the originally scheduled duration. For example, you scheduled the project duration 4 months ago. by viewing Duration Variance custom field you will be able to estimate your actual performance.
If the value of Duration Variance custom field is with negative format, it will take less time to complete the task than it was originally estimated.
If the value of Duration Variance custom field is with positive format, it will take more time to complete the task than it was originally estimated.
If the value of Duration Variance custom field is zero, it will take as much time as it was originally planned.
to create custom filed Duration Variance please follow the steps below:
- Create the following custom fields:
- Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
- in "Title" field enter "Duration Variance"
- in "Code" field enter "cf_duration_variance"
- in "Type" field select "Duration" and click "Ok" button
- in "Formula" field enter the following formula:
$cf_duration - $cf_baseline_duration
- to display the value of custom field Duration Variance on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Duration Variance"