Baseline Duration customfield shows the originally estimated time for completing the task or project. For example, 6 month ago you set 4 days of Baseline Duration for task "Conference". Now you need to estimate your progress. by viewing Baseline Duration custom field for this task you will be able to compare the estimated duration of this task with the current duration.
to create custom filed Baseline Duration please follow the steps below:
1. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
2. in "Title" field enter "Baseline Duration"
3. in "Code" field enter "cf_baseline_duration"
4. in "Type" field select "Duration" and click "Ok" button
5. to display the value of custom field Baseline Duration on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Baseline Duration"
6. to enter the value of custom field Baseline Duration please do the following:
- Open a task and go to Custom Fields tab
- Enter the value for Baseline Duration custom field. For example, if the planned duration of a task is 4 days select "4 days" from drop-down list.