Baseline Cost custom field shows total estimated budgeted cost for a task assigned to resource or for all tasks and projects assigned to resource. Baseline Cost custom field helps estimate budget at completion (BAC), i.e. The planned sum of the budget for each task or stage of your project.
Baseline Cost custom field depends on such units as:
- Standard Rate
- Overtime Work
- Overtime Rate
- Resource per Use Cost
- Task Fixed Cost
Baseline Cost custom field is calculated automatically by the following formula:
Baseline Cost = (Work * Standard Rate) + (Overtime Work * Overtime Rate) + Resource per Use Cost + Task Fixed Cost
to create custom filed Baseline Cost please follow the steps below:
- Create the following custom fields:
2. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
3. in "Title" field enter "Baseline Cost"
4. in "Code" field enter "cf_ baseline_cost"
5. in "Type" field select "Currency" and click "Ok" button
6. in "Formula" field enter the following formula:
ToFloat($cf_work)*24 * $cf_standard_rate + ToFloat($cf_overtime_work)*24 * $cf_overtime_rate + $cf_resource_per_use_cost + $cf_fixed_cost
7. to display the value of custom field Baseline Cost on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Baseline Cost"