Average costs of projects is a key performance
indicator that shows the expenses amount calculated by dividing the total cost
of all projects by the number of projects.
Average costs of project include the total cost of all
tasks that belong to this project. The task cost is a sum of fixed cost (set
task expenses that always remain unchanged over the task or project lifecycle)
and the costs that depend on the resource performance.
This KPI helps to estimate if the company expenses on
the level of projects are under or over the budget.
If you need to calculate average costs of project,
please do the following:
- To enable the displaying of total cost for task group follow the
steps described at:
- To enable the displaying of average costs of projects select the
root or parent task group and click "Custom fields options"
- In "Edit custom fields options" window select the following
- select custom field name that shows the project cost, for example "Actual Cost"
- select "Enable"
- check "Aggregated (for task group)
- select "Average" and the custom field name "Actual
- click "Ok" button