Total Assets is an accounting
key performance indicator that shows the sum of all company’s long-term assets and current assets or entity
that can be converted into cash. Long-term assets are all assets that
are not used in everyday accounting operations because they cannot be converted
into cash in short period of time (usually less than one year). Long-term
assets are divided into the following types of assets:
1) Fixed assets are Property Plant and Equipment assets (PP&E) used in the production of goods or services and decrease in value over time.
2) Long-term investments are investments that can be converted into cash more than in a year.
3) Intangible assets cannot be seen. Brand recognition, copyrights, patents, goodwill are examples of intangible assets.
Current Assets can be easily sold within a year. Cash, accounts receivable, raw materials, produced goods are current assets of a company.
No financial plan can be made without knowing Total Assets figure.
To define Total Assets please do the following:
- Create custom field "Long-term Assets" with Code "cf_long_term_assets"
Note: Depending on your needs you can create separate custom field for each type of long-term assets: "Fixed Assets", "Long-term investments" and "Intangible Assets"
- Create custom field "Current Assets" with Code "cf_current_assets"
the custom field "Total Assets" with the formula:
created the custom fields "Fixed assets", "Long-term investments"
and "Intangible assets", the formula for Total Assets custom fields would look
+ $cf_long_term_investments + $cf_intangible_assets + $cf_current_assets
you can create one custom field "Total Assets" and put the assets of all values
to this custom field.
you need to view the total value of this KPI per particular project on Task List, filter
your to-do list by task group with project tasks.
- To enable the displaying of Total Assets select the root or parent task group and
click "Custom fields options"
- In "Edit custom fields options" window
select the following options for custom fields "Long-term assets" and
- select "Enable"
- check "Aggregated (for task group)
- to display the total value of this KPI select "Sum" and the custom field name "Long-term assets" and "Current Assets"
- In "Edit custom fields options" window select the following options for custom field "Total Assets"
- In "Settings for" select "This task group"
- select "Enable"
- select "Calculated by custom field formula (for task
Total Assets on Task Tree