The custom field "Percent (%) Complete" (or "Complete" by default) shows
the percentage of task completion based on task duration.
There are two ways to use the percentage of task completion:
1. Manual entering: you can enter the
percentage of task completion manually.
If you would like to enter the percentage of task completion manually,
you can use default custom field of VIP Task Manager Professional – Complete.
to enter percentage of task accomplishment manually
please follow the steps provided by the link below: How to set/change task completion
Automatic calculation: VIP Task
Manager Professional can automatically calculate the percentage of task
completion based on [Actual Duration] by the following formula:
Percent Complete = (Actual Duration / Duration) * 100
for example, the task "Write Summary Report" is assigned to Sandra.
the task has estimated duration of 96 hours. Sandra has been working for 48
hours. So Actual Duration is 48 hours. by viewing custom field Percent (%)
Complete you see that this task is 50 % complete.
If you need to calculate Percent (%) Complete based on Actual Duration
please follow the steps below:
1. Create the following custom
2. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins"
3. in "Title" field enter "Percent (%)
4. in "Code" field enter "cf_percent_complete"
5. in "Type" field select "Integer" and click "Ok" button
6. In Formula field enter the following formula:
($cf_actual_duration / $cf_duration)* 100
7. to display the value of custom field Percent (%) Complete on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task
Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Percent (%)