Baseline Work custom field shows the total originally estimated work (hours) assigned to resource to complete task or project. For example, 6 month ago you set 5 days of Baseline Work for resource Jerry to complete the task "Hold conference". Now you need to estimate your progress. Baseline Work custom field enables you to compare the estimated work with the actual hours spent on this task.
to create custom filed Baseline Work please follow the steps below:
1. Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
2. in "Title" field enter "Baseline Work"
3. in "Code" field enter "cf_baseline_work"
4. in "Type" field select "Duration" and click "Ok" button
5. to display the value of custom field Baseline Work Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Baseline Work"
6. to enter value of custom field Baseline Work please do the following:
- Open a task and go to Custom Fields tab
- Enter the value for Baseline Work custom field, for example, if the total scheduled time is 96 hours, enter "96 hours" in custom field "Baseline Work".