Average duration of tasks is a key performance
indicator that shows the average time spent on tasks. This KPI helps to determine how much time it
takes on average to complete tasks.
If you need to count average duration of tasks, you
need to do the following:
1. Create custom field "Duration":
Duration Custom Field
2. If you need to view the average duration of tasks
per particular project, filter your to-do list by task group with project
3. Set filter on Task List – Filters panel to display time
4. Set footer to
display the average
duration of tasks for the given time span:
- right click under column "Duration"
- select "Average"
If you need to view the average duration of tasks on
Task Tree, please follow the steps below:
Task Tree select root task group and select "Custom fields options"
enable the displaying of average duration value select custom field "Duration", do the following:
- select Enable
- check "Aggregated (for task group)
- select "Average" and the custom field name "Duration"
task group for which you need to view the average duration, right click
and select "Custom fields options"
custom field "Duration" and select the option "Enable by parent".
duration of tasks per project for a given time span on Task Tree