Actual Duration custom field shows actual time spent on task so far based on estimated duration (custom field Duration) and percentage of task accomplishment (default custom field Complete). For instance, estimated duration for the task "Write article" is 3 hours. If the task is 50 % complete, the actual duration of this task is 1h 30m.
the Actual Duration depends on such units as:
Actual Duration is calculated automatically by the following formula:
Actual Duration = Duration * Complete
to create custom filed Actual Duration you need to do the following:
- Create custom field "Duration"
- Go to: Tools/Custom fields and press "Ins" button
- in "Title" field enter "Actual Duration"
- in "Code" field enter "cf_actual_duration"
- in "Type" field select "Duration" and click "Ok" button
- in Formula field enter the following formula:
ToFloat(ToString($cf_duration)) * $complete/100
- to display the value of custom field Actual Duration on Task List or Task Tree please go to Task List or Task Tree, click Task List Columns or Task Tree Columns button and check the custom field "Actual Duration"